Need some good reading material? Here’s a quick recap of the top IP news stories and hot topics in IP we loved diving into this month!
- “Invent Together, an IP diversity advocacy group has announced the launch of The Inventor’s Patent Academy (TIPA), an e-learning course designed to educate inventors from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds about the US patent system.” – Patent Poetry: Inventor’s Patent Academy Aims to Increase Diversity, JD Supra
- “MetaX, an immersive reality company founded in 2010, is suing Meta for trademark infringement. The company claims in a lawsuit that Meta “obliterated” the company’s business, CNN reported. “Meta’s small business stands no chance against the corporate behemoth,” the complaint said.” – Virtual Reality Startup MetaX Sues Meta For Rebrand, Says It ‘Stands No Chance Against The Corporate Behemoth’, Entrepreneur
- “Jarman would likely have been forced to take her case to federal court which can cost hundreds of thousands. But now she’s trying something new – the Copyright Claims Board at the Library of Congress.” – Copyright small claims court, NPR
- “A strong new argument for Congress to help save local journalism came from an unexpected source. The U.S. Copyright Office just declined to strengthen news copyright protections, after being asked by a group of senators if this could help struggling publishers.” – Copyright decision increases need for Congress to help save local news, The Seattle Times
- “Apple Inc has agreed to settle a lawsuit brought by headphone maker Koss Corp over Apple’s AirPod earbuds and Beats headphones, the companies said in a court filing Saturday.” – Apple, Koss settle wireless-headphone patent fight before trial, Reuters
The Michelson Institute for Intellectual Property, an initiative of the Michelson 20MM Foundation, provides access to empowering IP education for budding inventors and entrepreneurs. Michelson 20MM was founded thanks to the generous support of renowned spinal surgeon Dr. Gary K. Michelson and Alya Michelson. To learn more, visit 20mm.org.