Need some good reading material? Here’s a quick recap of the top stories we loved diving into this month!
- “‘Expanding Innovation’ is part of the USPTO’s effort to inspire more women, minorities, veterans, and geographically and socioeconomically diverse applicants to join the innovation economy. Important pillars of that effort include education and mentorship.” – USPTO launches the Expanding Innovation Hub, USPTO
- “In a startup, money is always in demand; therefore, owning IP or having an IP license that drives your technology and business can be a winning argument when pitching potential investors…” – How Tech Startups Can Effectively License Intellectual Property, Forbes
- “We are entering what I refer to as a #NovelEconomy. Novel means new and unusual and that accurately describes these times.” – Get ready for the ‘Novel Economy’ and recovering from COVID-19 fallout, ZDnet
- “The growth in food delivery apps such as DoorDash, Grubhub and Postmates paved the way for so-called “ghost kitchens,” which in turn have necessitated new thinking about the legal needs for such enterprises.” – What Intellectual Property Protection Is Necessary for Ghost Kitchens?, Law.com
- “Although Latinx entrepreneurs apply for loans at the same rates as their peers, only a quarter receive the full amount they’re asking for, compared with half of white business owners.” – The Number of Latinx-Run Startups Is Rocketing. Their Funding Is Not. Here’s Why That’s a Big Problem, Inc.
- “Peloton claimed that it had reached licensing agreements with all of the major music publishers and many independent music publishers…” –Peloton case illustrates intellectual property rights, Minnesota Lawyer
The Michelson Institute for Intellectual Property, an initiative of the Michelson 20MM Foundation, addresses critical gaps in intellectual property education to empower the next generation of inventors. Michelson 20MM was founded thanks to the generous support of renowned spinal surgeon Dr. Gary K. Michelson and Alya Michelson. To learn more, visit 20mm.org.