During these unprecedented times, we’ve witnessed many examples of communities, organizations, and entrepreneurs turning to innovation to solve challenges and find creative solutions – from healthcare to edtech to bridging the digital divide. What problem are you trying to address, and how has learning about IP provided you with the wherewithal to nurture and protect your innovations and creative works? How has or might IP help you generate momentum and progress your business strategy or invention path? As a student of our ‘Intellectual Property: Inventors, Entrepreneurs, Creators’ course, we want to hear your story!
Submit your essay by June 19, 2020 11:59 PM PDT for a chance to win!
- Our first place winner will receive a $500 USD cash prize and have their essay published on the Michelson IP blog and in an upcoming issue of Inventors Digest!
- Our second place winner will receive a $200 USD cash prize and $20 worth of Udemy credits to a course of their choice!
- Our third place winner will receive a $100 USD cash prize and $20 worth of Udemy credits to a course of their choice!
Second and third place winners will also receive an honorable mention in the Michelson IP blog.
The contest is now open for submissions. Good Luck!
Rules & Guidelines:
- Standard participation is open to anyone from anywhere
- Participants must have been enrolled –completion NOT required–in the free Intellectual Property: Inventors, Entrepreneurs, Creators Udemy course before submission.
- Submissions must be in English
- Submissions must be between 500-800 words and in PDF format
- Deadline to submit: June 19th, 2020 11:59 PM PDT
- Winners will be notified by mid June
- Winners will be announced to the public by July 2020.
- Participants grant the Michelson Institute for Intellectual Property and the Michelson 20MM Foundation permission to share winning submissions via the Michelson IP blog and in an upcoming issue of Inventors Digest. Submissions may be edited and condensed for clarity. We will not publish your work without further approval.
- Winners will be asked to provide a photo headshot for use on the Michelson IP blog and Inventors Digest article.
Interested in reading more stories resources like the one above? Join our mailing list for news & updates.
The Michelson Institute for Intellectual Property, an initiative of the Michelson 20MM Foundation, addresses critical gaps in intellectual property education to empower the next generation of inventors. Michelson 20MM was founded thanks to the generous support of renowned spinal surgeon Dr. Gary K. Michelson and Alya Michelson. To learn more, visit 20mm.org.
EFF has more nuanced & complex counterpoints about how the future of tech is in juxtaposition with the intent of our patent orgins…
If nobody from EFF has time to submit an article by June please refer back to this older version of a EFF opinion:
Ps This is Lisa Luther (L15A = LISA) from CRASHspace re:
I am the main EFA liaison.
Feel free to reach out to me if you want back ground info about EFF.
Also happy to pass on contact info @ eff.org (offline of a public post) f you’d like to reach out directly to them.