- This event has passed.
OpenStax & Michelson IP Introduction to Intellectual Property for STEM/STEAM Courses
October 20 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pmFree
Introduction to Intellectual Property is a recent addition to the OpenStax library of free, openly licensed resources. Supported by the Michelson Institute for Intellectual Property, this resource can be used in any STEM/STEAM course from introductory sciences to engineering and more.
Learning objectives for this session:
- Gain a high-level understanding of the importance of intellectual property (such as patents, copyrights, and trade secrets) to STEM/STEAM fields.
- Hear directly from faculty on their experiences with IP in the curriculum and gain insight into effective approaches for introducing IP to non-law students.
- Learn how to implement Introduction to Intellectual Property as a resource for your STEM/STEAM courses and programs.
The hosts for this webinar will include:
- Pam Bogdan, Professor of Engineering, Ocean County College (NJ); Michelson IP Educator in Residence, National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE)
- Laura Huffman, Lecturer, Georgia Institute of Technology; College and University Committee, United States Intellectual Property Alliance (USIPA)
- Natalie Allen, Community Relations Specialist, OpenStax