One of the foundations of a successful venture is intellectual property (IP). Having at least a basic understanding of the realities regarding IP rights, which allow one to manage the protection, sharing and commercialization of inventions and creative works is a most valuable part of entrepreneurship education.
Frequently asked questions about IP include:
- How do I know if I have something worth patenting?
- Do I own my IP if it’s developed on campus?
- When is the best time to register a trademark?
Share questions like these when you join us on Thursday, February 18th from 12:00 – 1:00pm PST/3:00 – 4:00 pm EST for a virtual Ask Me Anything (AMA) session on intellectual property! We’re bringing together two phenomenal IP and innovation experts to share their insight.
- Phyllis Turner-Brim, DGC Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, HP Inc.
- Jason Lott, Attorney Advisor, Trademarks Customer Outreach, United States Patent and Trademark Office